Throughout this page, the terms “Suntech UK”, “eFoldi”, or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website SunTech UK Limited. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
1 - Privacy and Security
Please note that this statement does not extend to websites that are linked to this website. You should refer to the privacy policies of any such websites for further details about their use of your personal information.
2 - What do we mean by ‘personal information’?
For us, “personal information” means information which identifies you, like your name or email address. Any information that does not identify you is “non-personal information.”
If we store your personal information with information that is non-personal, we will consider the combination as personal information. If we remove all personal information from a set of data, then the remaining data will be classed as non-personal information.
3 - General use of your information
3.1 When does SunTech UK receive your personal information?
We collect personal information about you when you provide it to us. We only collect personal data relevant to the type of transactions you make with SunTech UK.
For example, when you contact SunTech UK to purchase an item online or sign up to any of SunTech UK’s online content, such as newsletters or competitions, or you telephone, email or write to SunTech UK, we may receive and retain personal information about you.
If you engage with our social media accounts, such as Twitter and Facebook, we may receive personal information about you then too. If you use these networks, their privacy policies apply, and we encourage you to read them.
The information we collect is relevant to the type of transaction you are entering into. It may include details such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number.
3.2 Payment Processing
When you make a payment online, SunTech UK does not receive any financial information. This information is transmitted from you to our third-party vendors for processing. The third-party vendor for the website is Barclaycard. This information is displayed at the time of the transaction.
3.3 Sensitive Personal Data
We do not collect “sensitive personal data” about our customers, such as information about your health status, unless there is a clear reason for doing so. For instance, this information is needed when we obtain VAT exemption information for us to supply products and services free from Value Added Tax. Clear notices will be provided on payment processing forms so that it is obvious what information we need and why we need it.
All sensitive personal data is stored on a secure database, to which only a limited number of relevant staff have access. It is deleted when no longer relevant, is never shared with third parties unless we are legally required to do so and is available to you at any point should you wish to see it.
4. How will SunTech UK use your personal data?
SunTech UK will use the details that you supply during the registration process to enable you to make purchases from the range of products that we have made available online. We may also use your data for marketing purposes, if you have given us permission to do so.
We will also use your personal information for administrative reasons, such as to answer your correspondence, keep your records up to date or to implement your instructions (for example, to ensure you no longer receive marketing information if you tell us to stop sending it to you).
We will use your personal information for the following purposes:
For administrative reasons, including:
• “service administration”, which means that SunTech UK may contact you for reasons related to the completion of commercial or other transactions you have entered into with us, your eligibility for VAT exemption if claimed, or online content you have signed up for
• in relation to correspondence you have entered into with us whether by letter, email, social media or any other means, and to contact you about any content you provide
• for internal record keeping of your relationship with us
• to keep your data up to date - for instance we use the Royal Mail's data on postal address changes to ensure that we can maintain contact with you where we believe you are happy to be contacted by post. We also use services which notify us of the recently deceased to avoid any distress that continued communications would cause
• to implement any instructions, you give us to regarding withdrawing consent to send marketing information;
• to use IP addresses to identify the location of users, which allows us to block disruptive use and to establish the number of visits from different countries
• to analyse and improve the activities and content offered by the SunTech UK’s website to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
If you have given us permission to do so, we may also use your contact details to provide you with information regarding our products and services. We will not do this unless you have given us additional, specific consent to use your data for this purpose.
We may make use of some third-party service providers who may require access to some data - however, we will always share only that information, which is necessary for them to have, and will not authorise the use of your data for their marketing purposes. You can find out more about this below.
We may be legally required to share data with third parties - for example, in the course of a fraud investigation or where a court order is in place.
5. When are we legally required to share your information?
We are required to share your information with the appropriate bodies if you wish to lease a scooter through the Motability Scheme or take out on of our recommended scooter insurance policies. We will also need to share your information with HMRC if you are claiming VAT relief on your purchases. We will always make you aware of these requirements when you speak to us about any of these transactions.
In addition, we may be legally required to share data with law enforcement bodies if it is required for their investigations. We will act in compliance with UK and international legislation on these occasions.
5.2 Scooter insurance
If you have a long-term illness or disability, and are buying or leasing an eligible product, you may qualify for VAT relief. In these instances, your details will need to be supplied to HMRC for this relief to be applied for UK customers only. Your data will be kept secure at every stage of this process. Find out more about VAT relief or read HMRC's privacy notice.
6. How do we use your personal information collected prior to May 2018?
The way that we collect your consent to send you marketing information has changed since the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force. If you sent us an enquiry, registered an online account or made an online purchase before May 2018, we asked you whether you were happy to receive marketing communication at that time. Unless you opted out from receiving such communication at that point, we will have registered you as being happy to receive these materials.
UK legislation includes an exception known as the ‘soft opt-in’. This allows organisations to send marketing communications by email to individuals who have previously purchased similar goods and services, provided they were given the opportunity to opt out at the time of purchase.
In SunTech UK’s case, this allows us to send marketing emails to those who have previously enquired about our products or services, created an online account or purchased products online if they did not opt out from receiving these emails at the time. We apply a 24-month time limit to this consent and stop sending emails once this time period has elapsed. We will not use the “soft opt in” option if you have opted out of receiving email, either at the time of signing up or by subsequently unsubscribing from our mailing list.
If you are receiving marketing communications as a result of the soft opt-in being applied and would like to change this, you can contact us directly by post, phone or email.
7. Is your personal information shared with third parties?
We may pass your information to our third party service providers, agents subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (for example to process payments, provide delivery service or complete work not undertaken directly by SunTech UK).
In addition to this, all the information that we collect through our website is organised by our data processor before being passed to us.
7.1 Third Party Service Providers working on our behalf
• When we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we request that they keep all information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes (unless requested by yourself).
Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties outside of SunTech UK for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes, unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
7.2 Third party services used by SunTech UK for communication.
If you would like more information, please write to us at our address SunTech UK Ltd, 25 Ormside Way, Redhill, Surrey RH1 2LW or email our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our communications are designed to tell you about the benefits we can offer so that you have access to our best deals. We use the information we have about you to tailor the content and try to ensure that the offers are as relevant to you as possible. Under the Data Protection Legislation, this might qualify as profiling. If you do not wish us to use your data for this purpose, please write to us at our address SunTech UK Ltd, 25 Ormside Way, Redhill, Surrey RH1 2LW or email our Data Protection Officer on email@example.com
7.3 Third party services used by the SunTech UK website. Analytics
Analytics services in use on this site:
• Google Analytics
• Facebook Pixel
• Google Website Call Tracking
• Google Tag Manager
Payment processing gateway
If you order products from our website, your payment will be processed via Barclaycard. Barclaycard provides a secure payment gateway (Level 1 PCI DSS), processing payments for thousands of online businesses, including ours.
Other relevant parties
Our website is hosted by Veber.co.uk, and our email services are provided by Google. Our data may be processed on our behalf by Zoho One, meaning that they will organise our data into a form that is usable to us. However, SunTech UK retains control of and legal responsibility for this information.
8. How do we keep your data secure?
We take all necessary steps to ensure any information you provide to us online is safe, secure and managed correctly. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of this data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures.
The information you provide to us over the internet via this website is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
Any personal information stored on our servers is not publicly accessible. The data is secured and can only be accessed by authorised SunTech UK and Tick Tock Tech Ltd staff on a “need to know” basis.
9. How long will SunTech UK keep your personal information?
We will only hold your personal information on our systems for as long as we need to. Once your data is no longer required, or if you request that we do so, we will delete your information from our database.
If you have registered an account with our website, we will keep your details for as long as you wish to continue to use the account for purchasing products and services from us. If you stop logging into your account, we will delete your account and the personal information associated with it from our database from your last login date. Should you wish to make a further purchase after this, you will need to re-register with us.
If you request that we stop sending you marketing materials we will keep a record of your contact details and appropriate information to enable us to comply with your request not to be contacted by us (this allows us to specifically exclude your data when we generate mailing lists or undertake other marketing activity).
If you contribute material to us, such as product reviews, we will only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required to continue to be of benefit to other website visitors, e.g. promoting the product to which a review pertains.
10. How can you control what we send you or request we update your personal information?
The accuracy of your information is important to us. We want to ensure that we can communicate with you in ways that you are happy with, and to provide you with information that is of interest. You can tell us that your details have changed or change the way that we communicate with you in several ways.
• If you wish to change how we communicate with you, or update the information we hold, then please contact our DPO (Data Protection Officer).
Post: 25 Ormside Way, Redhill, Surrey RH1 2LW.
• You can find out more about SunTech UK on the Companies House website, where we are registered as SunTech UK LIMITED (Company Registration No. 06906908) Registered office address: 25 Ormside Way, Holmethorpe Industrial Est, Redhill, Surrey, RH1 2LW
• Additionally, you can opt out of email separately at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in any marketing email from SunTech UK.
• If you have an online account, you can adjust your data-handling and marketing consents and preferences by logging into your account, going to ‘My account’ and selecting ‘No thank you’ under the section headed ‘Contact permission’.
10.1 How long will it take for these changes to be effective?
When you request that we stop sending you marketing information, we aim to update our records within the following timescales:
• Information sent to you via email - 24 hours (next working day) from receipt of email.
• Telephone calls - 24 hours (next working day) from receipt of request to opt out of receiving calls.
• Information sent to you by mail - 28 days from receipt of 'do not mail' request. This period is longer than for other channels due to the production times for mailing campaigns, and in most cases, we would expect the change to be effective much more quickly.
You have the legal right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected.
11. What rights do you have regarding your data and how we use it?
You have the legal right to withdraw your consent to having your personal data processed at any point. You can also:
• object to or restrict the processing of your data, access the data that we hold on you
• request that we make changes to your data, and
• have your personal data deleted, and request that your data is transferred to another controller (where applicable).
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by the Owner. Users have the right to do the following
• Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
• Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
• Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
• Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
• Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
• Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
• Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User's consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
• Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority. In the United Kingdom, this means the Information Commissioner's Office: https://ico.org.uk/
11.2 Details about the right to object to processing
Where Personal Data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in the Owner or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner, Users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection.
Users must know that, however, should their Personal Data be processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. To learn, whether the Owner is processing Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, Users may refer to the relevant sections of this document.
11.3 How to exercise these rights
Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to the Owner through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by the Owner as early as possible and always within one month.
12. What other information do we gather?
In addition to information gathered directly (as outlined above), we also gather information indirectly. This information does not identify you to us but allows us to analyse how our website is being used, ensures that the site runs smoothly, and allows us to make improvements to our online service.
In common with most websites we have access logs. These logs record information on user activity on the site and are aggregated to produce summary information, allowing statistics about the popularity of the website to be compiled.
Access log files do not contain any personal information and do not identify you to us. SunTech UK reserves the right to store this aggregated information indefinitely.
Please see below to find out more about our cookie usage across this website.
13. How can you contact us?
This website is owned and operated by SunTech UK Ltd, 25 Ormside Way, Redhill, Surrey RH1 2LW.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or any other matters concerning this website or you wish to report a technical error, please get in touch using the various options available on the contact page.
The SunTech UK website creates cookies, in order to give you a better browsing experience. These cookies contain no personal information but help our site to run more smoothly on your computer.
1. About cookies on our website
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we place onto your device. It is used to tailor your experience either for the duration of your visit (using what is known as a “session” cookie) or for repeat visits (for which we store what is known as a “persistent” cookie).
We also use “analytical” cookies which allow us to recognise and count the number of times you visit and to see how you move around our website.
Some cookies are set directly by us, while others are set by trusted third parties.
2. Types of cookies
There are several types of cookies in use on this site. Some of these are set by us, and some are set by trusted third parties.
3. How are these cookies used?
3.1 Cookies set by us
Persistent cookies are used in cases where your interactions need to be remembered across multiple visits, such as recalling items you have added to the shopping basket. This type of cookie can be removed by finding the ‘clear history’ option in your web browser and selecting cookies as one of the items to be deleted.
Session cookies are also in use on this site. These only last for the duration of your visit. They store information on your short-term interactions with the site, such as whether you are logged in to your user account (if you have one).
We reserve the right to add further cookies in the future if we feel they will be beneficial for the performance of this website.
3.2 Cookies set by third parties
In addition to cookies set by us, we allow trusted third parties to place cookies on our site.
4. Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics, a free service offered by Google that gathers detailed information about your activity on this website. It does not gather any personal information, but it helps us to measure the way that you and other users move around the site with a view to improving your experience over time. Find out more about the cookies gathered by this service.
5. Facebook Pixel
This lets us see when you have come to our website via a Facebook advert or post. We can’t see any personal information about you, but it helps us to make our Facebook pages and adverts more relevant and useful to all our Facebook followers. Find out more about Facebook’s privacy policies.
6. Google Website Call Tracking
This helps us to track how many phone calls are made to us when the phone numbers displayed on our website or online adverts are clicked. We can’t see any personal information about you, but it helps us to make sure that our phone number is in the right place on our site and that our adverts are effective. Find out more Google’s privacy policies.
7. Adword remarketing
This means that if you have visited our site, you may be shown adverts about our products when you visit other websites which display advertising. We can’t see any personal information about you, but it helps us to market our products to people who have shown an interest in us. Find out more about Adword remarketing and how to control or disable this service.
8. Are cookies safe?
Yes, cookies are completely safe and do not hold any personal information such as your home address, date of birth or credit card details.
If you would like to find out more about cookies, visit www.aboutcookies.org.uk
9. What if I don’t want cookies?
If you are not comfortable with our website using cookies, please change your browser settings or navigate away from this website. Please note that by not using cookies some of the website's features may not be available.
You can manage or block the cookies set by us, or indeed any other website, should you wish to do so. This can be done via the browser settings on your device. If you have already consented, you can withdraw your consent at any time using these settings.
For more comprehensive information about blocking cookies please visit www.aboutcookies.org.uk. If you wish to specifically manage or block cookies on the browser of your mobile device, you may need to refer to the manual for the handset.
You should be aware that restricting or blocking cookies may have an impact on the functionality of this website and effect the intended experience.
We reserve the right to embed content from websites such as YouTube and Vimeo. As a result, you should check the relevant third-party website for more information about those cookies.